What focus means is saying no to something with every bone in your body think is a phenomenal idea, and you wake up thinking about it, but you end up saying no to it because you're focusing on something else. - Jony Ive
The art of extreme focus is the art of accomplishing impossible things by learning to put all your attention on one thing at a time.
Accomplishing the extraordinary involves:
- Deciding where and how you can create real value, and putting other things ASIDE.
- By not having a backup plan, you can put all your energy into your primary plan.
- Figuring out the most effective ways to execute it.
- Implementing actual strategies to get people to leave you alone (and not mind doing so).
- Always have clear view of the one most important thing you can do for the day, for the week, for the month, and for the year to push your vision forward.